Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Art Scialabba's Letter of Withdrawal From CT GOP Chairmanship

Dear Fellow State Central Members;

As you know, I have been building significant support for my candidacy for State Party Chair. I am honored by the commitments I have received and the confidence so many of you have already placed in my leadership ability.

I am also happy that members across the State recognize the need to win more votes in our urban centers if we are to regain a U.S. Senate seat, win back congressional seats and elect majorities in the State House and Senate. After watching the most recently concluded legislative session, I think we all agree that these victories are crucial to recapturing the Governor’s Office.

The role of the next Chair will require a tireless worker who will devote as much time as is necessary to build an organizational structure that responds to the needs of our town committees and candidates, legislators and party leaders. The next Chair must be able to bring people together and build teams that can win.

I believe that I can do all these things. I also understand that the race for Chair can only be won by a single individual. At this point, I believe that it is in the best interest of the Party to start building consensus around who that leader will be. That is why I am writing to endorse Bill Aniskovich for Chair today.

Bill has a record of experience that will help him build consensus and tailor a Republican message that can win across the state. Bill has committed to utilizing all of us in the effort to rebuild our political and fundraising operation. Most importantly, he has assured me that the Party will function in a transparent, inclusive and energetic manner.

I am enthusiastic about the opportunity to begin the process of building a Republican Party organization that can win elections with you. I am certain that we will have a solid leader at the helm in Bill Aniskovich. I have asked my supporters to vote for Bill on June 28th and encourage each of you to do the same.

Sincerely,
Art Scialabba

No comments:

Post a Comment