Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Justin Clark's Letter of Withdrawal From CT GOP Chairmanship

June 14, 2011


Dear Members of the Connecticut State Central Committee:

I am writing to you today excited about the future of the Connecticut Republican Party. Over the course of the last two years I have had the opportunity to get to know many of you. More than that, I have had the chance to listen to your ideas about how to make our Party a more effective vehicle for electing Republicans.

Ultimately, the race for Party Chair is about just that---winning elections. As Tom Foley’s Campaign Manager in 2010, I saw first-hand what we do well as a Party and where we need to improve our game. As an RTC Chair in West Hartford, I have worked in the trenches and know what local Town Committees and candidates need from State Central to win.

In order to win, we must unify around an effective leader and a compelling message. To unify, we must come together as a party. That is why I am writing today to endorse Bill Aniskovich for State Party Chair.

Over the last month, Bill has worked hard to demonstrate what kind of leader he would be for the Connecticut Republicans. He has articulated a core message, and listened to the variety of opinions about what we need to do. Further, he has brought people together around the idea that we can win. His ability to motivate people is apparent to those of you who know him well and those of you who are meeting him for the first time.

Bill’s ability and desire to develop a consensus around Republican ideals and a political strategy are essential elements to winning. While I won’t have a formal role within the party, I will form a partnership with Bill and all of you to build this consensus and more importantly win more elections. In this spirit of partnership and unity, I ask that my supporters on the committee and within the party support Bill.

It is time for us to come together as Republicans and rally around a leader who will once again rely on the talents of each and every member of the State Central Committee to the fullest extent in the one goal we share in common: winning elections. I hope my endorsement today helps moves us closer to the unity we need to achieve our common goals.

With many thanks and knowing that much brighter days are ahead for the GOP, I am,

Very Truly Yours,
Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment